Safina Women Association, based in Morogoro Region, was established in 1996
by a group of twelve women and became officially registered by the government
of Tanzania as NGO in 1998 (ref. NO 9351) under the Society Ordinance of
19954 Rules 5 as Non-Government Organization (NGO). The primary objective
of SAWA was to improve the social and economic status of its members and
the Morogoro community at large. SAWA runs pre and primary schools and manages
saving and loans to its member and stuff.
Every child has the right and opportunity to access quality learning
so they have the skills and knowledge to reach their full potential.
SAWA's mission is to support children's success in education by
empowering women, communities, schools, and government to work collaboratively
in creating supportive and inclusive learning environments.
SAWA's mission is to support children's success in education by empowering
women, communities, schools, and government to work collaboratively in
creating supportive and inclusive learning environments.
To raise awareness by strengthening the capacity of stakeholders, to
strategically engage at all levels so as to influence on the improvement
of support of development of all women and children.
- To raise awareness amongst stakeholders on the importance of holistic
approaches to children development.
- To promote appropriate child rearing practices.
- To mobilize resources for the promotion and improvement of women and
- To collaborate with other organizations involved in women and children
issues and other stakeholders.
- Convene meetings, seminars, and workshops with a view of exchanging
knowledge , skills, and disseminating information and opinions.
- Establish savings and credit facilities to give small loans to women
and youths to establish sustainable projects on affordable terms.
- To propose, conduct and/or facilitate research documentation, analysis
and dissemination of the findings pertaining to women and children development.
- To create a strong culture of women and children development.
- To take a leading role in influencing policies, guidelines and legislations
that concerns the rights and development of women and children welfare
through advocacy and lobbying.
- To develop and support most vulnerable children lobbying and advocacy
to have quality basic needs for example education and health.
- Currently SAWA is working in two (2) Districts in MOROGORO Region
which are Mvomero and Morogoro Municipal but also implementing a Girls
Hostel project in IRINGA REGION, (Mufindi District).
- Own Modal School Leena
- Working closely with local government leaders and community at large
i.e. Monthly Mobile Clinic.
- Government of Mvomero District recognize our 2 ECDs Vianzi and Mtangani
as a Satellite School.
- Working with different partners such as Firelight Foundation,Interhand,Costwold,Twaweza/
Uwezo, SEGA and ...
- Formation of Village Saving and Loans (VSL) groups at Mvomero District
in Mela Village and Vianzi Villag